Saturday, September 17, 2016

Things Old and New

So the silver lining in having water in my storage closet is throwing out things that should have been gotten rid of long ago, along with motivation to switch to plastic document & storage boxes instead of cardboard.  Of course this, in addition to the interior de-cluttering means my house looks like a tornado went through it and/or I just move in. While I've been going thru things I found things that I haven't seen in years and brought back both happy & sad memories... pictures, cards, letters, and other things from different seasons of my life. The sappy, sentimental side of me is still probably keeping things that should be tossed, but, one step at a time.

Now on to the new thing... that is totally unrelated to the old things, and maybe a little silly mentioning it in the grand scheme of things. While I was at the grocery store last weekend, they were doing samples of items like they do most weekends.  I don't stop at the little stations that often, but there was one that had what looked like guacamole.  Seeing as I'm a big fan of guacamole, I stopped.  Imagine my surprise to find that it was not guacamole, but avocado hummus, especially given that I'm not a fan of most types of regular hummus. They also had a coupon for it, so I decided to try it at home, and yes, I still like it.  It's not the first time I tried something without knowing exactly what it was and ended up liking it. Sometimes being clueless helps in being open to new things... dontcha think?

No comments: