Thursday, December 24, 2015

A Sepia Tone Christmas

El Nino is messing with my holiday.  Part of the fun of going to dad's for Christmas is getting my annual "snow fix" in.  Not this year though.  Everything is winter shades of brown... kinda like the old pictures... also known as Sepia Tone.  Btw, El Nino also has a twisted sense of humor.  It's supposed to start snowing the day after I leave, then turn into a blizzard.  At least I shouldn't have travel delays...  "shouldn't"... no guarantees.

Now that I've finished my whining about the lack of snow on Christmas, it's time to move on to other things since my celebration of Christmas is not dependent on the weather.  Tonight I'll be attending the Christmas Eve program at the Florence Christian Church.  Being the sci fi geek that I am, I love the title:  "Star Trip: Our Faith Awakens".   If you're in Florence, it starts at 6:00 pm.  This will be the first time I get to hear my friend John Branson deliver a message, and I'm looking forward to it.

This Christmas, remember why we celebrate.  Jesus came to earth to save us, and this is the time we celebrate His birth.  Yeah, I know there's a decent case to be made for the fact that He most likely wasn't born in December; but that doesn't mean we shouldn't celebrate the fact that He came to save us; not only at Christmas, but every day.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: