Friday, January 01, 2016

Hmmmm... We'll see...

It's New Year's Day, 2016; and I feel like I should write something, but don't know exactly what to write, so stream of consciousness it is.  So let me start with "Happy New Year!"

Earlier today I went to a movie with my friend Susan.  Finally got to see the new Star Wars movie.  Glad I saw it in 3D. Some shocks and a lot of questions for next movie(s). Then we did a bit of shopping. Can't tell you what I bought because if my sister reads this, part of her birthday present will not be a surprise.

This evening is being spend watching cheesy movies I've already seen (more than once) and and reading newsy holiday letters - both hard copy and electronic - and new blog posts. New family pictures are on the refrigerator, and cards are up on the door to the coat closet.

I admit I'm taking my time unpacking.  I can procrastinate with the best of them.  Tomorrow the unpacking procrastination will come in the form of taking down the outside Christmas lights.  At least that's the goal.  We'll see.

That's actually what's been my reaction to the new year.  Hmmmm... We'll see.  Yes, I have goals.  And plans.  But I'm going to try not to get bent out of shape if I don't meet my self set goals or things don't go according plan.  I know that God can change my plans and goals.

My primary goal for this year, is to listen more, and be open to God's leading no matter what my plans are.  I know His plans are better than mine.  I just pray for the strength and help to follow what He has for me... and to say "OK God, your will not mine." even when He only gives me one piece of the puzzle at a time.  At least I know how the story ends.  So that's one thing where I won't need to say Hmmmm.

"The rest of the story" for 2016? (yes, that's a reference to Paul Harvey).  Just let me say Hmmmm... We'll see...

No comments: