Saturday, January 31, 2015

Becoming Un-entangled. Thank you Beth Moore!

Last night, I had the privilege of hearing Beth Moore speak at Shoreline Church.  I got to go with several women I attend church with, and serve with at The Fellowship at Scofield Farms.  This is some, but not all of us:  


L - R: Brooke, April, Carol, Terron, Donna, & me.

I was also lucky to run into several friends from other churches: Amy, Leece, Lisa, Sheila, it was good to see you there.  I know there were other friends there that I didn't actually get to see, but considering there were approximately 5,000 in attendance, there was no way to see everyone I knew. (Sorry Tisha).  Also my new friend Mary Anne Kent from Northwest Fellowship was one of the ladies offering an opening prayer.   

Admittedly I was still kinda frazzled from coordinating logistics for the evening for the ladies at church for most of the week.  Yes there were lessons learned from that process. Friends had told me during the week to relax.  I jokingly told them (to relieve stress) that I'd relax when the program started.  As it turned out, that's exactly what happened.  

Even though I forgot to take a notebook, there were several take away's that I will remember... partially because I put some of them in the comments after I checked in on my Facebook page:

     "I love the Lord because..." [fill in the blank and make sure you tell others so they can know Him too]

     "It ain't gonna kill you."

     "He never 'entangles' us"  to which my friend Katy replied: "No. He doesn't. He ENJOYS us!"

I also amused (and semi-impressed) myself when Beth referred to Daniel 5.  Because we completed Beth's study on the Book of Daniel last fall, I knew exactly where she was going with it.  I also knew where she was going with the reference to Hebrews 12:1.

The major take away from the evening was a realization that there are some things I've been holding on to that entangles me from time to time, and I needed to, in the words of the over-played and cheesy song from Frozen, "Let It Go".  I think there is a part of me that kind of realized this, but since no one had actually said anything about being "entangled", it was easy to push it aside and ignore it, especially since some of it deals with family history. 

I know there are some things I still need to work on; and that will be the case until I go home to heaven; but last night brought progress and growth.

Thank you Beth for allowing God to work thru you!


No comments: