Sunday, November 06, 2016

Zion Revisited

Was working on my Bible Study, "Living Brave" by Kat Cannon, on 2 Corinthians 4 & 5 and found an old song going thru my head:  "Born in Zion" by Wayne Watson, from the album "Giants In The Land" (1985). Great song & great album.  I listened to the whole album (cassette tape, then CD) a lot in college, and even had the performance track for this song.  

Anyway, the lesson was talking about what waits for us in Heaven, including a new body (hallelujah!) and a judgement that has no condemnation.  While I was working through the part about judgment with no condemnation, the chorus for this song kept going thru my head:

     This one was born in Zion
     Make no mistake, this one is Mine
     This one was born in Zion
     This one will never, this one will never,
     This one will never die
    
It encouraged me then, and it encourages me now.  I hope it encourages you too. And if you have a chance, listen to the whole album.       

No comments: