Friday, August 07, 2015

“D” Week

“D” is for de-compress, de-stress, de-clutter, desire, discover, depend, decide, define, determine & divine.  I’m sure there are more “D’s” that played a part in this week, but those are the ones that come to mind. 

I’ve been on a ‘stay-cation’ this week.  And while I had big plans, I kept getting side-tracked.  Even though I didn’t get as much done in some areas (de-cluttering), I made remarkable progress in others.  However, it’s still a work in progress – just as I am a work in progress.

My vacation started last Friday with the Vacation Bible School Block Party at The Fellowship at Scofield Farms.   It was a fun way to end VBS; but we were pretty tired after it was all over.  I spent the next few days catching up with things that had gotten set aside for VBS, including my Bible Study, Made to Crave, with women from Northwest Fellowship. What I have been discovering in this study is that I need a changed mind-set so that I can desire God over food.  No, that doesn’t mean giving up food, and a lifetime of fasting, but having it in its proper role in my life.  The mindset is that there is nothing in my life that I place over God; and that he should be the first and last thing I depend on in my daily life.  This study, like my life, is a work in progress.

I’ve also been able to make some decisions about the Women’s Ministry, church events, and Fall Women’s Retreat; however, there are still some ministry decisions to be made.  Gratefully there is still some time to make the decisions.  I did finish the registration packet for the Fall Retreat, and was able to get some of the supplies for the retreat packet.  I’m getting more excited about the retreat at things are coming together.  I’m also excited to get to see my friend, Lora Jones, as she is going to be the speaker at the retreat. 

De-cluttering… the most daunting of all my goals, and still a work in progress.  That’s all I’m saying on that.

One of the more fun parts of the week was getting to have dinner with my sister and some of her friends while she was doing training at Ft Hood. 

The other unexpected thing was a ‘divine appointment’ this morning.  I was having coffee with some of my sisters from Northwest Fellowship, and got to meet a wonderful lady who works with women and children in Mexico along with one of the girls who grew up in the children’s home, is going to school in Dallas, and wants to become a doctor.  We talked some about providing services in underserved areas, and possible programs that may possibly help her.  I ended up giving her my business card; and am hoping she will contact me so I can look into ways to help this precious daughter of God. 


I’m not going back to work until Tuesday, so I still have time to work on the “D’s”; and maybe add some more.

No comments: