Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Thank God for Tetris!


An amusing thought came to me this morning… Thank God for Tetris!

When I was in grad school at the University of Texas (Hook Em Horns!), my mom got me a Tetris watch… yep, you read that right… a Tetris watch.  Of course now it’s on my phone. 

She also got one for Auntie Linda (Linda Creamer Kidd – she home a few years ago), who adopted me as part of the ‘Adopt a Student’ program at University Baptist Church.  Because the church’s choir loft was above and behind the baptismal and stage, most people couldn’t tell that Auntie Linda and I had an ongoing Tetris tournament in the choir loft during services.  Yes, Tom Westbrook, I know you knew… and you called us on it… but it didn’t stop us.  I was going on the theory that if I could read a text book and watch TV at the same time, and comprehend both, I could play Tetris and listen to a sermon at the same time.  At least we turned the volume off. LOL!

The point of that story is to show that all the time playing Tetris came in handy when trying to load Christmas gifts, birthday gifts (for Sharon Ratzloff Terrel & Kerry Sandwell), luggage, and other things to take with me into my car. It’s really full, but I can still see out the back window, and it all fits.

I’m thankful that my neighbors watch my house when I’m gone and that I can get everything in my car.  Again, thank God for Tetris!   

No comments: