Sunday, March 13, 2016

Bittersweet Madness!

So I'm sitting here watching the NCAA Selection Show even if K-State isn't in it this year. It's the only time of the year that I'll cheer for KU. Yes, I know I'll hear it from both friends and family, but I recognize, and even admit, they are a good basketball team.  At least my 2nd school, UT is in at a #6 seed... Hook Em Horns!  I should also point out that 70% of the Big XII Conference is going to the dance; and what's good for the conference is good for K-State.  I'll let you know how soon my bracket is blown.

The Tournament Selection is fitting for this day that is bittersweet from beginning to end.
This morning at the end of the service at The Fellowship at Scofield Farms, we said goodbye to Pastor Russell and sent him and Brooke off to their next ministry.  


They are following God's call and aren't leaving the Austin area, which is good, but I won't get to do ministry with them on a regular basis which is sad.  And for those who know me... of course I cried, not as much as expected, but I still cried.  However, I was by no means the only one crying.  I had plenty of company in that, including Brooke and Russell.

Just because we said goodbye to the Pastor doesn't mean the ministry of the church will stop.  It won't.  We'll have an interim Pastor until a full time Pastor can be found, so we'll be in transition for a while.  It's been a while since the transition has been because of the Pastor leaving while I stayed.  The last few times, it's been me leaving a ministry.

Now that the Selection Show is over, I need to finish this and go fill out my bracket(s).  

Needless to say this day has been up and down, happy and sad, bitter and sweet... in other words total madness!  


No comments: